Christmas Preparations December at Home

by: Mrs. Aileen Soriano

Christmas is upcoming, as the day careens to the 'THE' day, I get
excited with a bit of nervousness.

So I decided to make a checklist to avoid the Christmas Jitters:

1. Plan for Simbang Gabi

My husband, I and my children attends the Simbang gabi.
My other family members (my sister, brother, nephews and niece)
also attends at different times of the hour.
So this is part of my Christmas itinerary.

Going for confession is also part of the plan. I just hope I can
attend a family triduum preparation for Christmas.

When my relatives decide to visit us, I make sure to inform
them that I attend the Simbang gabi, and if they want to
join a good breakfast, they better join the Simbang gabi.

2. Plan for the Carollers

The carollers are always welcome to sing, however,
if they come every 5 minutes, you can surely go
"bananas".

So here is what I decided to do, I will invite them
to come in one day :), but they have to sing really well.

3. Plan for my god daughters and sons

I had been counting my piggy bank, especially for them.
I blocked a date where I can actually distribute them before the "rush days"

4. Plan for my relatives, aunties and uncles.

A Christmas party pot luck date is blocked for this, where everyone
is invited for an exchange gift. :)

5. Attending Christmas Parties

Christmas time is when you attend parties.

Here is my checklist:

   a. Smart Casual at the office.
   b. Prepare a real good Christmas Song to sing "solo" (in case there is a need for it).
   c. Prepare a gift for exchange gift.
   d. Block the date.

6. Three days before Christmas is actually blocked for family days
already. As Christmas careens there are lots of places where you can
bond with your family. Just plan ahead.

7.  Plan for New Year celebration in November: Menu, Group Activities, Family Bonding Activities, Family Movie...and the most important, saving the date for the Holy Mass in celebration of the Feast of our Lady and the new year.

Take it one day at a time... see you at the furnished apartment in Novaliches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quezon City Holy Mass Schedules

Beating the Heat

Ice Coffee for Summer