3 Shopping Tips for the Holidays in the Philippines

By: R. Vergara

I know its July...but... my experience will never make me the same...

It’s the 24th of December, and I was still at a store, trying to look for a gift in a panic mode, and that’s after being into malls and shops for more than three times. I didn’t know what has eaten me then, but those instances had been so irritating, not to mention tiring, since I still got to help in cooking the Noche Buena and attend the midnight Mass. Perhaps I was a little masochist at that time, enjoying the hassles of last-minute shopping, whilst I could have spent my time relaxing before the big Christmas event.

And this year, I vowed something different. Never would I let myself succumb to last minute shopping jitters. Care to join me in my dream?

Planning for a hassle-free gift buying this Christmas is never impossible. All you need is the will power to tame your urge to procrastinate. I made a list of my Christmas shopping resolution, praying that I won’t break any of them. Here are my simple three:

1. I shall be early. The early bird catches the early worm. So, talking about Christmas shopping, how early is early? August is a fine time to begin your Christmas shopping. It’s sale season so that’s the clincher.

2. I shall settle for something dateless. The repercussion of shopping early is that you might purchase something which is outdated by the time Christmas comes. I had this in my mind before, hence, my shopping rush. But then, there are nice items that won’t go out of style. Practical household stuff never wanes. On the other hand, clothes do (except underwear), so I’d limit buying them for gifts.

3. I shall make a list. Moms do it. Even Santa does it. The Christmas list ensures that nobody’s left behind. More so, this will help you strategize your shopping. Once you’ve listed everything you plan to give a gift this Christmas, you can group them according to gift preferences, and then plan ahead on how much you would have to shell for their presents. It is good also if you’d be able to list what you’ve given them last year, so you won’t fear duplicating gifts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quezon City Holy Mass Schedules

Beating the Heat

Ice Coffee for Summer