Pogi Tips: Rest and Make your Skin Glow in the Philippines

by: Ronan Vergara

Healthy sleep takes seven to eight hours; sad to say, with my kind of lifestyle (and others’ as well, I believe), seven hours of sleep is a rare luxury. Due to this, not only do I feel heavy and cranky, I can also feel the effects of sleep deprivation in my skin, most prominently in my dark-circled eyes. I really got to do my health homework this time.

We all need to rest to give ample time for our body to regain its spent energy in preparation for another busy day. Spent energy here doesn’t pertain to our internal functions, for even our skin also needs sufficient energy to remain firm and fair-looking. For many, including myself, the skin around the eyes indicates a lack of energy, and with our eyes being the window to our being, a mere look at us is enough to know that we lack rest. Add up the effects of too much alcohol and nicotine intake, and you could look more haggard than before.

We do not want to show our youthfulness with a face that seems to bid sayonara to the world, do we?

The solution here is easy: observe the ideal length for sleep. Stick to seven hours, at least. And if it is not possible for you to afford such amazing grace, make sure that you take some power naps at the middle of the day just to compensate your loss of sufficient sleep.

Aside from this, try using warm water to wash your tired face. The effect of such is relaxing. Others apply cucumbers in their eyes for a cooling effect, while others use a cooling gel. My solution here is more practical and definitely free: try closing your eyes every now and then for forty winks.

Have a great rest!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quezon City Holy Mass Schedules

Beating the Heat

Ice Coffee for Summer