Pogi Tips: Know your Skin's Needs

by: Ronan Vergara

There was a point in my life when I was so vain yet so ignorant that I applied astringent in my face three times a day just to ward off dirt and speed up the bursting of my miserable pimples. Then came my Biology teacher to the rescue. She explained that doing so would only strip off the protective layer of my skin that I need so much, since I spent most of the time playing outdoor soccer.

Indeed, we need to ask ourselves a battery of questions if we decide to apply facial toner or go to a facial clinic. Is my skin oily or dry? Do my day-to-day activities expose me to the sun often or not? Do I have allergies or am I immune to all sorts of allergens? Do I have vices or not?

All of the answers guide us to the proper facial toning that we need. Remember that as we cleanse our skin, we also make it vulnerable to the elements, so we better take good caution.

Regarding skin types, choose a hydrating solution if you have dry skin, and oil-regulating solutions otherwise. Be faithful to this, for you never want to look like a glistening sunny-side-up, do you?

If you aim for smoother skin, begin with a facial scrub, plus, you may opt to use an exfoliating solution. Make sure that it carries protective sunscreen, especially if you’re an outdoor guy.

Also, remember that alcohol beverage dehydrates your skin, so you need to replenish the lost moisture in your skin with a trusty moisturizer.

Then again, if you find these snippets too much for you, then go back to the basics and settle for the ever-reliable soap and water. And drink plenty of water too to replenish the lost moisture in your system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quezon City Holy Mass Schedules

Beating the Heat

Ice Coffee for Summer