Pogi Tips in the Philippines: Smooth Skin for Men

by. Ronan Vergara

I got a vice as a teen-ager. It wasn’t on booze or cigarettes; it’s standing in front of the mirror, squeezing my new-born pimple in my face. It’s silly, but I just couldn’t take the presence of awful yellow spots. I could have gotten rid of this stuff, but the aftermath was so enduring, that I now carry the marks of my adolescent quirks.

I don’t resemble a Greek sponge, but I don’t have perfectly smooth skin. A trip to a facial clinic for some extensive peeling procedure could do me wonders, but I find it costly and impractical.

Do you share the same situation? Better try some home-tested tips on getting smooth skin the simple way.

The most basic tip of all is so common, your mom could have thought you that as she potty-trained you: wash your face thoroughly.

Now, what do you mean by “thoroughly?” Use only mild soap and water to cleanse your face. Simply use your hand to lather the soap; otherwise, gently rub your face with soft bath sponge. For whiteheads and stubborn blackheads usually located on the nose and forehead area, you may use a facial scrub. But let me emphasize the clincher: do it gently. Freshly calamansi juice will actually clear your face with stubborn black and white heads...and yes even the dreaded pimples. Its pure vitamin C, and it goes alkali once it touches your face.

All the while, I thought scrubbing my face hard would do me good; it just stripped off my natural facial oils, causing my skin to produce more oil. I tell you, my skin might have looked smooth, but it was glistening as well!

Lastly, use shaving cream while shaving, and move your razor along the grain, not against. And don’t use alcohol-based after-shave toner; doing so might irritate your skin and ensue redness.

These are simple tips that we tend to overlook, but remember that simple things mean a lot, even for your skin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quezon City Holy Mass Schedules

Beating the Heat

Ice Coffee for Summer